1. Offer your skills
Awamu is unique as all our work (both in the UK and Uganda) is driven by the generosity of volunteers giving their time and expertise, this keeps our overheads to a minimum and reflects our core belief that if we all work together we can change lives. Check our voluteering page for the latest roles and get in touch.
2. Become a Friend and send a child to school
£25 a month will ensure a child like Shifra gets the education that will increase their skills and life chances. Shifra was ecstatic when she was able to enrol in school for the first time. £25 a month could cover the cost of school fees, uniforms, jumpers, shoes, text books, pens and pencils for one child. Set up a gift now.
3. Buy from our shop
4. Put on an event
- Host a party, a club night, a film night or swim the channel!
- Host an Awamu sale – selling good from our store, invite your friends, bake some cakes and tell them about Awamu!
5. Donate fabric and sewing equipment to Awamu
- If you are thinking of having a spring clean and you have cotton fabric (or any natural fabric) around please consider donating it to us. We can use for it training or transform it into something stunning to raise money to get even more children into school.
- Fabric – especially plain cotton fabrics, we also cord, canvas and denim.
- All sewing equipment can be found a new home where it will be loved and used.
Please get in touch if you can help.
6. Donate your old digital camera
- If you’ve upgraded & have any old or unused digital cameras perhaps you would consider donating them to us. Our women’s groups in Kampala really needs them to help keep records of children’s progress, gather evidence to protect them & feedback to funders.
Please get in touch if you’d like to know more.